Account Manager position working for leading charity, Drinkaware
Relationship management focused opportunity in Central London
About Our Client
Drinkaware are an independent UK-wide alcohol education charity who engage and work directly with both the alcohol industry and public sector bodies to tackle alcohol-related harms.
Drinkaware's great work is funded by voluntary and unrestricted donations from major UK alcohol producers, pub operators, restaurants, major supermarkets and other retailers.
Located in Moorgate, Drinkaware are at the forefront of educating the UK as to how not to abuse alcohol and offering help, guidance and support who may be dealing with issues relating to its misuse.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts to deliver on partnership plans
- Maintain excellent collaborative working relationships with existing and potential partners
- Amplifying and realising the opportunity to grow campaign work with existing partners and funders
- Support the Head of Account Management on developing and delivering partnership activations
- Regularly meet with partners
- Support the Business Development team in delivering Drinkaware's annual event
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure strategic needs are supported by partners
The key to this role is relationship management. You'll be dealing with senior stakeholders and so you'll need to be listening to what they have to say, not just focusing on your pitch. What's important for Drinkaware is that they're bringing someone on board who wants to build client relationships and has the natural ability to put people at ease when meeting with them.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Extremely strong communication skills and a background in a client facing/account management type role
- Self-starter mentality who can take the initiative and drive work plans to fruition
- Well-versed in pitching and presenting
- Ideal background/insight - charity sector, alcohol industry, knowledge of challenges faced by pubs/bars/wholesalers/supermarkets
It's not essential that you have direct sales experience but if you have excelled in a sales/charity environment, you will have a number of transferable skills.
The key to this role is relationship management and so if you're a confident communicator with a great interest in maintaining charity partnerships, this will be a great role for you.
Project management focused account management is also preferable.
What's on Offer
Drinkaware are looking to pay up to £33K with a Health and Wellbeing Grant, all travel for meetings expensed and your birthday off once you've successfully passed your probation.
I really look forward to hearing from you if you're a passionate, charity-minded relationship management professional.