Accounting and Reporting Senior Project Director
Develop and maintain financial reporting standards.
Use your in-depth technical accounting expertise.
About Our Client
This organisation's Accounting and Reporting Policy team is part of the Regulatory Standards Division, which sets and influences standards and codes and promotes good practice, including international liaison.
The Accounting and Reporting Policy team develops and implements the strategy for standards and related guidance in respect of Corporate Reporting.
The role involves:
- leading projects to develop and maintain financial reporting standards in the UK and Republic of Ireland, including managing and developing project staff, delivering papers to the relevant governance bodies and meeting project deadlines.
- engaging with stakeholders to contribute to the projects and thought leadership work.
- engaging with SORP-making bodies developing sector specific SORPs for the application of FRS 102 The Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- The role may also involve leading other projects. This could include influencing international developments, and wider developments in corporate reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional accounting qualification and at a minimum of director level in an audit firm or senior management in industry with a comprehensive and in-depth technical accounting expertise.
- Able to provide leadership through influence and to work as part of a team to influence the outcome of projects.
- Thorough understanding of the accounting and regulatory framework in the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland.
- Committed to the objectives and processes of standard-setting in the public interest.
- Able to create and maintain key external relationships.
- Able to influence at senior levels in a persuasive and compelling manner.
- Able to listen to and evaluate differing points of view in order to make evidence-based, well balanced recommendations.
- Able to analyse complex issues and identify salient points.
What's on Offer
- Salary £103,400
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Employer pension contribution of 10%.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.