Accounting Manager - UK & Nordics
Opportunity to be part of a rapid-growth SME in the luxury sector
About Our Client
My client is an Italian luxury goods brand based in central London.
The Accounting Manager - UK & Nordics will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all Branch's accounting and office management related topics Responsibilities/Activities
- Manage all activities to set the Monthly Financial Statement
- Daily bookkeeping in SAP for the entities (based in UK and Nordics), including posting of vendor invoices, in/out payments, custom duties) and manage the request of purchases for some departments.
- Creation of bank transfers for incoming invoices (release of payments by CM)
- Monthly cashflow report
- Approval of all payments from Uk and Nordics bank account
- Checking and managing the monthly travel expenses statements of the team (incl. communication with the team regarding needed corrections)
- Contract person for customers regarding questions on invoices and payments
- Managing blocked orders and overdue invoices or missing invoices
- Monthly closing based on IAS-IFRS.
- Relate with the external Finance Consultant for Fiscal matters, compliance with local laws and regulations, auditing.
- Fleet management, processing of mobile phones, iPads, telephone contracts, credit cards, fuel cards
- Relating with Local or HQ IT for information technologies requirements or general issues
- Tracking employee absences (illness, vacation)
- All salary inputs and communication with ADP/payroll provider
- Preparation of contracts for new employees
- Administration of customer contracts, data protection declarations, direct debit agreements
- Purchasing consumables
- Provision of all data for the creation of new suppliers including obtaining the signed documents from the suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounting Manager - UK & Nordics will have the following credentials:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience within the retail/consumer/luxury goods sector desirable
- Experience implementing finance function in start-up or alternatively working in a small, SME
- Knows the basics - double-entry book keeping, management reporting, cashflow management, month-end process
- IFRS knowledge essential
- SAP experience essential
- Home-based role so need to be able to work well in isolation/small office environment and happy to take on ad-hoc, non-finance related tasks when required
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
In addition, this position will be home-based for the foreseeable future but there will be a requirement to meet once or twice every couple of weeks for meetings etc.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary & statutory benefits.