Rapidly growing media firm
Broad and varied role
About Our Client
My client is a fast paced media & PR agency servicing the entertainment industry. They are based in central London.
Key responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include the following:
- Prepare & Update Annual Forecast
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements for the company including the below monthly responsibilities.
Prepare profit margin & sales analyses.
Prepare cash flow forecast.
Oversee the outsourced preparation of income tax returns.
Preparation and submission of the VAT tax return filings.
Assist outside auditors in information requests for year end audit.
Assist in tracking accrued expenses & prepaid assets.
Perform Bank Reconciliations.
Complete monthly payroll entries.
Assist with fixed asset maintenance and analysis including sub ledger maintenance, reconciliations and roll forward preparation.
Assist with month end adjustment journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures and internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing).
Facilitate maintenance of company's credit references and conduct credit checks for new customers.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accounting Manager applicant will have the following experience:
- Professional finance qualification or relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's degree educated
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- General Ledger experience (Great Plains experience a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good multi-tasking skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Combination of public accounting and private industry experience is desirable.
What's on Offer
Basic salary up to £50,000 + excellent career progression opportunities