Accounting Services, Seniors - Big 4 firm
Provide high quality accounting service to companies
About Our Client
Big 4 firm - London office
This Big 4 firm's specialist accounting services group provides a high quality accounting service to multi-national companies, UK mid-tier and Investment entities. Their services fall into three distinct categories:
- Providing a fully outsourced back office finance function (accounts processing, cash management, VAT compliance and generation of management accounts).
- Preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Providing qualified and experienced accountants to work on interim projects within finance functions in industry.
As part of this large global accounting firm, you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career. There is a varied and prestigious client base and continuous technical training and personal development.
- Monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Statutory financial statements.
- Consolidated financial statements.
- Ad hoc secondments to clients to undertake the preparation of year end financial statements and special accounting projects.
- The role will be largely London office based.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified ACA or ACCA with proven experience in professional practice environment (preferably middle market).
Candidates must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline environment.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Successfully deal with "clients in a mess".
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Some knowledge of cross border VAT and P11D issues.
- Awareness of importance of risk management (client acceptance, independence, money laundering) issues.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and good Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Self motivated and have a willingness to enhance their technical knowledge.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary up to £48,000 and benefits.