Accounts and Tax Manager - Chartered Accountants
Accounts Manager required for a brilliant Kent based accountancy practice
Excellent team offering a professional but relaxed environment
About Our Client
My client are based near Orpington and are incredibly well regarded in the local market. They have a very loyal client base and benefit from a great deal of client referrals. They have a very well established structure which means that at all levels there is a very good quality of client care which is something that the Directors are very proud of.
- Managing the accounts team and making sure the appropriate staff are available.
- Planning jobs and contact clients to remind them when preparation work is due.
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team.
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met.
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with clients.
- Presenting to the Partner a complete file with minimal review points.
- Keep time sheets up to date.
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure CPD requirements are met.
- Communicate with Partners and take necessary action if team members not performing to a consistently high level in line with their training and experience.
- Ensure end of job assignments, probationary reviews and annual appraisals carried out on time.
- Sign off daily timesheets for team members.
- Attend networking events and identify opportunities for business growth.
- Assist in the running of the client portfolio.
- Preparation of personal tax returns.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with demanding deadlines.
- The above is not an extensive list and other ad hoc duties within the office will arise as part of the role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounts and Tax Manager will be:
- Will be ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
- Will relish the prospect of working for a fast growing firm, in a very busy and challenging environment.
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively build and maintain relationships with the team and cross all the departments of the firm, and with clients, contacts and referrers.
What's on Offer
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as genuine development opportunities in a great environment.
If you are interested in this role or similar roles within practice please get in contact directly with Tristan Finch on 01622 604534.