- Good company with a stable and varied role
- Great job with supportive team.
About Our Client
This business is one of the best employers in the area and have a great reputation for creating a supportive and enjoyable working environment. They are easily accessible by all forms of public transport but also have access to parking on site too.
You will report into the AP & AR manager and work in a team of 4 other people for a selection of their client portfolio.
There will be a two stage interview process, the first being via video link and then the second in person, with the company usually making a quick turnaround with their hiring processes.
The key responsibilities of the Reading based Accounts Payable Clerk will be to: Invoice Processing
- Accurately log invoices to the correct company and supplier then distribute invoices within two days of receipt to the correct initiator.
- Every morning promptly action items returned to purchase ledger, minimising the delay in payment to the supplier.
- Highlight urgent invoices correctly to ensure all business critical payments follow the correct internal procedures without causes any hold ups.Supplier Relationships & Queries
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers by communicating regularly, including distributing remittance advices immediately following payment processing.
- Reconcile supplier statements regularly and at as required by the SupervisorInternal Relationships & Queries
- Respond promptly to internal queries and requests surrounding invoices and payments through regular personal and telephone contact to resolve invoice queries quickly and efficiently.
- Pro-actively chase approval of invoices in the workflow and escalated to the Supervisor any issues that are holding up payment of invoices.Payment Runs
- Arrange payment of approved invoices on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed supplier payment terms ensuring the payments are approved in compliance with internal authorisation procedures.
- File all payment run paperwork immediately following full sign off.
- Minimise number of same day payments through proactive workflow management and ensure any same day payments are closed off to ensure they not paid on a BACs run.Bank Reconciliations
- Post bank receipts and payments daily, preparing full bank reconciliations in accordance with monthly deadlines.
- Query unknown items on a timely basis with the appropriate party
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in a Finance position previously and is looking to build on their experience, you could be someone who has a short stint in a finance related position previously, studying AAT (although not essential) and wanting to build your experience up.
Alternatively, the business will also look at candidates who are already established within their careers and are motivated to work within a varied and interesting Accounts Payable Clerk role.
What's on Offer
On offer for the Accounts Payable Clerk will be:
- Short interview process
- Competitive salary £23,000 - £27,000
- Generous holiday and additional leave bonus
- General Bonus
- Study Support
- Hybrid working, currently 2 days at home
- On site parking
- Training and personalised development