Accounts Semi-Senior - Excellent Surrey Firm
Remote interview process
Excellent support, development and progression opportunities
About Our Client
My client are a market-leading Firm of Chartered Accountants, based in Surrey, who are known for their exciting range of clients, quality of training and supportive team culture.
Based out of the firm's Surrey offices, you will work as part of a dedicated team, carrying out various accounting tasks for respective projects, including more complex accounting areas with support from the Senior. You will assist junior members of the team with their work, helping to implement any changes that would make the project more efficient or effective. You may also start to take on some Senior responsibilities such as resourcing, leading client calls and reviewing work prepared by a junior team member or the shared service centre.
What does the role entail?
- Reviewing postings made by junior team members and management pack preparation for various client entities (or review of pack prepared by the SSC).
- Carry out first review of compliance returns prepared by local offices, including more complex returns.
- Investigate and reconcile historic differences where issues arise.
- Assisting junior team members with managing workload.
- Helping junior team members with more technical aspects of the work, in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Ensuring that clients' needs are met with regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements. Ensuring that other team members are responding to queries raised by the client for areas of the project that they are responsible for.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and efficiencies. Drives continuous improvement and gathers suggestions from junior team members for discussion with the Senior/Manager.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
The Successful Applicant
- AAT qualified or part qualified.
- Significant experience in practice or industry.
- Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of recognised accounting software.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues.
- Good communication skills.
What's on Offer
Salary of £25,000 - £34,000 per annum depending on experience and qualification status.
Excellent benefits package.
Further opportunities to develop and progress within the Firm.