- Full study support provided (if required)
- Great mix of clients and an excellent, collaborative team culture
About Our Client
Based in Ashford, this friendly and successful firm of chartered accountants acts for wide ranging clients across varying industry sectors and turnovers, with largest clients well into the £millions in turnover. The firm is looking to hire a career focused professional and individual who is looking to build further on their existing accountancy practice career, with the support and encouragement to progress and develop further, within this growing and forward thinking accountancy firm.
As a semi senior accountant, you will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies and sole traders from trial balance stage and incomplete records
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
- Calculation and filing of some client VAT returns as required
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues identified during the course of client work
- Developing junior assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
The Successful Applicant
- Ideal candidate will be studying towards an ACA/ACCA qualification with at least 12 months' experience of working within an accountancy firm.
- Technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and management information to a high standard
- Experience of calculating and submitting client VAT returns
- Experience of calculating and submitting corporation tax and PAYE returns beneficial
- Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage, Iris, QuickBooks, Xero, CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to facilitate extensive client relationship development
- Ambitious and persistent, self-motivated and able to work to targets
What's on Offer
Salary circa £20,000- £25,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package adn a friendly working environment.