Great opportunity to join a forward thinking practice in a idyllic location
This role would suit a newly qualified candidate from a local practice
About Our Client
My client are a business services firm based in Dorchester. As well as offering a general accounting and compliance service to a range of clients, this firm specialises in helping businesses to grow, acquire and sell. This means that there is a real opportunity for someone coming from a general accounting background to up skill and gain advisory experience which would be valuable in a long-term career as an accountant / business advisor.
The successful senior accountant will:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparing tax computations.
- Providing bookkeeping services.
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ad-hoc assistance to Director with complex advisory work such as: buying / selling of businesses, growth planning / forecasting etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be:
- ACCA / ACA qualified in a practice environment
- Experienced with accounts production
- Interested in advisory work
- Looking to manage a portfolio with experience in client contact
What's on Offer
On offer is a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to grow with a business to a senior level.