You will be working for an innovative later living developer.
The company has scope to acquire up to 9 sites per year.
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative "later living" property development and management company that has a very ambitious growth plan.
They are looking to deliver environments and operations that enable residents to take full advantage of independence in their later life. These villages will be centrally located, encouraging integration with existing services and facilities. The development will engage with the local community and encourage family and inter-generational use through various amenities.
They are targeting 8+ acquisitions per year and are looking to source brownfield sites in urban, town and city centre locations.
Because of this expansion plan they have asked us to help them find two experienced Acquisition Managers for their London team.
As Acquisition Manager you will be working closely with the Investment & Acquisition Director and be responsible to identify and acquire development opportunities in town centres across South East England.
- origination of new acquisition opportunities: including land, existing assets with redevelopment potential and turnkey transactions;
- building and maintaining key industry relationships and origination channels in order to drive high quality deal flow;
- efficient filtering of new opportunities using proprietary tools and external advise;
- updating and presenting of the monthly deal pipeline to investors, alongside the Investment & Strategy Director;
- Assist the Investment & Strategy Director in actively reviewing the site acquisition strategy and identification of key target locations;
- progressing new acquisitions through the investment approval process: including preparing and submitting investment papers, presenting at investment committee, presenting to investors, and at all times adhering to internal governance requirements;
- lead the detailed due diligence and investment analysis on new acquisitions;
- appointment of external consultants to assist in acquisition due diligence;
- diligent management of the acquisition due diligence budget to minimise potential abortive deal costs;
- negotiation of commercial term and final form legal documentation for site acquisitions and turnkey opportunities;
- structuring and executing of joint ventures and turnkey transactions (forward funding agreements, forward purchases, etc.)
- successful and orderly handover of completed acquisitions to the development management team.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an experienced Land/Acquisition Manager with a proven track record of originating and acquiring on and off-market development opportunities within the Greater London Area and South East markets.
You will need to have a strong UK real estate sector knowledge and have previously worked for other property development companies.
In order to be considered you must demonstrate residential and commercial property transaction experience and have a good understanding of how to manage development and investment appraisals.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and very good bonus structure.