- Developing systems and processes to create an outstanding applicant experience
- Excellent benefits package
About Our Client
At the University of Bolton are proud to put our students and their needs first - it's what we're all about. We know what it takes to provide a university experience that students love and that prepares them for employment; that's why we've been ranked 1st in the North West for Student Satisfaction for the past 4 years by The Complete University Guide and are now 5th in the UK for Teaching Quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022).
Following a period of sustained growth in student applications and enrolments we have embarked on the next step of our development to ensure that our recruitment and admissions activities continue to deliver growth and continuous improvement. Our admissions team is a critical part of this success, developing systems and processes to meet customer expectations and providing an outstanding service to our internal clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Director of Marketing and Recruitment and UG Admissions and will be able to contribute to developing and updating our organisational policy and strategy. You will be responsible for the proactive development and management of our dedicated electronic system (SITS) and its integration with other supporting systems including CRM.
The Admissions Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The management and delivery of an efficient, effective Admissions Service for undergraduate applicants and University academic departments.
- The proactive development and management of dedicated electronic systems i.e. SITS functions to support the effective operations of the home undergraduate admissions operation and integrity of applicant data.
- The development of the overall admissions policy and strategy in relation to undergraduate admissions.
The Successful Applicant
At the University of Bolton, we believe that our strong teamwork ethos has been critical to our success. As a committed team, we support each other, and our pride for doing the best shows in our recent results. To join our happy/motivated team, key is having a passion for doing things right, enhanced by a 'can do' attitude. We like to challenge, and be different for all the right reasons. The working environment is friendly, and we work as 'one'.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience in a similar role dealing with admissions role to a school, FE college or other university
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with colleagues stakeholders and students
- High level of technology, data and software skills and ability to deliver systems transformation and developments (desirable)
What's on Offer
The Admissions Team Leader will benefit from:
- Career Average Pension Scheme with employer contributions currently at 23%
- 26 days holiday (rising to 31 after 5 years) plus Bank Holidays and annual Christmas closure
- Campus culture - food and drink outlets, leisure centre with free term-time swimming, discounted classes
- Town Centre location, easy access to public transport, free on-site parking and season ticket loan scheme
- Employee benefits scheme including discounts on travel, retails, leisure
- Health and well-being - confidential employee well-being scheme, discounted private medical insurance