Advertising Regulation Specialist
Are you an advertising specialist with FCA advertising compliance experience?
Are you a qualified legal executive e.g. paralegal / regulatory specialist?
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest telecommunication companies in the world. They are an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. A technology company with research and innovation in their bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for their customers - those are the values they live by.
Their pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established a strong, successful brand capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure.
As Advertising Regulation Specialist:
- You will assist the Customer Experience legal team on marketing/advertising communications, personally delivering complex advice as well as making sure that any supporting terms are best in class;
- You may also provide assistance to your Principal, the other team Principals, or the Senior Lawyer, on more complex projects, as needed;
- You will liaise with stakeholders across Consumer;
- You will manage maintain internal relationships, for example (but not only) with peers and other team members in the Customer Care, Marketing, Digital, Consumer legal, Group legal and Regulatory Affairs teams;
- You will assist with managing external relationships, for example (but not only) the ASA, CAP, BCAP, Radio Centre and Clearcast. You will also assist with collaboration with advertising agencies;
- You will be responsible for making sure that the Consumer division understands what is required to comply with relevant advertising and related law and regulation;
- You will deliver succinct and precise advice and risk-based reports to stakeholders to facilitate decision making;
- You may be a contributor to Horizon Scanning which ensures new advertising regulation is foreseen and the business is aware and advised of required changes to ensure compliance;
- You may influence the strategic approach taken in your area and more widely across Consumer;
- You will keep your Principal fully informed, as applicable, on key legal risks and opportunities and all other relevant strategic matters;
- You will collaborate with the rest of the team as a whole; and
- You will assist in establishing and maintaining resources for stakeholders to "self-serve" in relation to low risk and/or frequent advertising regulation issues, with appropriate escalation channels also being put in place.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Advertising Regulation Specialist will possess the following:
- Proven experience as a UK (or equivalent) qualified legal executive e.g. paralegal or regulatory/compliance specialist;
- Experience of FCA advertising compliance;
- Knowledge of the telecoms industry;
- Understanding of Consumer's business objectives, processes and systems, and the legal and regulatory framework in which Consumer operates;
- Comfortable influencing/delivering projects;
- Ability to question intelligently, challenge rigorously and recommend - with sound business judgement - a course of action to a stakeholder;
- Excellent drafting, communication, stakeholder management, organisation, influencing and persuading skills;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to work under time pressure to demanding timescales; and
- Self-motivated, proactive, optimistic, energetic, resilient, effective at prioritising and able to deal with multiple matters at the same time.
What's on Offer
- This is a permanent role at leading global telecommunications company based in London paying up to £50,000 + competitive benefits
- 100% remote working during lockdown and flexible working post-lockdown
- Unrivalled personal development and a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers
- Perfect for a senior paralegal or in-house regulatory/compliance specialist looking for the next step up in their career