- Be part of an innovative, world wide organisation
- Join a business that go that extra mile for their customers
About Our Client
A business with over 200 years experience working internationally for various sectors
- Provide customers with accurate quotations for Spares, Upgrades and Service.
- Engage with customers and get all necessary information needed to allow you to create an accurate and complete quotation.
- Meet and exceed sales targets and profitability goals for the Aftermarket Dept.
- Visit customers occasionally to generate business for Aftermarket.
- Visit suppliers if required.
- Use SAP to create and issue all necessary sales documentation.
- Process customer orders.
- Review commercial terms and conditions of orders and contracts when issued by customers.
- Develop new sales opportunities from customers where possible.
- Must work to deadlines set by customers and other departmental priorities.
- Keep SAP information up to date.
- Be able to hold a technical conversation with both customers and suppliers when necessary.
- Inspect incoming goods if required.
- Have a basic understanding of stores and stock control systems.
- Assist in the Logistics area when necessary ( pick, pack & ship ).
- Always be courteous to colleagues, customers and suppliers and promote the company in a positive manner.
- Willing to undertake regular training on product offerings.
- Work with the Applications and Engineering teams as appropriate to develop the best solution.
- Assist other departments as and when requested.
The Successful Applicant
- Mechanical Engineering background.
- Have a minimum HNC qualification.
- Good research skills as a lot of enquiries are for our existing install base therefore researching records is key.
- Excellent communication skills which is especially important since most of our customers are international.
- * Good working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- * Worked on SAP or similar ERP system
What's on Offer
£30-36k basic salary
Flexibility on working hours, office based with a 1pm finish on Friday.
Pension plan of 3% employee contribution and 5% from employer contribution