- An exciting role for new graduates wishing to embark on a career in logistics!
- A opportunity with a large, multi-national shipping magnet!
About Our Client
My client is a market-leader in the shipping industry and has offices based across the world (in Germany, Spain, USA & more recently in the Far East). You will be joining a fast-pace environment assisting in finding logistics solutions for some of the world's largest industrial, retail & FMCG based customers. My client focuses on searching air freight, sea freight & road freight solutions, which are both cost effective & time sensitive.
As a Air Freight & Shipping Graduate you will be joining a team of 5x Shipping & Logistics Analysts, reporting into the Shipping & Freight Supervisor. You will be responsible for the following areas in the Nottingham office:
- Coordinating commercial and reservation activity on behalf of partner airlines and transport providers across the full suite of products.
- Key focus area will be our airlines speciality products including Temperature Control, Dangerous Goods and Express.
- Ensure timely responses on all commercial activity to both clients and airlines.
- Proactive follow up on all opportunities across our airline portfolio to secure bookings at optimum yield.
- Positive interfacing with customers, airlines, colleagues and management.
- To collect all export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Air Freight & Shipping Graduate will first & foremost have a passion to join the Logistics & Supply Chain sectors, along with the following extra attributes:
- A Degree (2:1 minimum) - ideally within a Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Focus
- Work experience around the logistics & supply chain sector would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A flair for prov ding high levels of engagement and customer service to high-value accounts
- The ability to commute to Nottingham on a daily basis
What's on Offer
- £26,000-£28,000 - Basic Salary
- £2,000-£4,000 bonus scheme - accessible in the first year
- 25+8 days annual leave
- Access to a growing career ladder
- World-class training & development within one of the UK's fastest growing markets