Air & Sea Freight Forwarder
A exciting opportunity with a fast growing freight business!
Opportunities for air & sea freight specialists...
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi-national provider of logistics solutions to the automotive industry. They are currently undergoing a large period of change and are looking to identify Air & Sea Freight Experts to join their team. The roles are based at their Redditch location.
The successful Air & Sea Freight Forwarder will report into the Commercial Operations Manager on a daily basis. You will be working across a standard Monday to Friday, office hours, schedule and will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- End to end booking, pricing and quotations of manufactured shipments, primarily by means of airfreight, across the global.
- Manage a vast network of over 600 suppliers / carriers, whilst additionally looking to continual improve relationships and costings.
- Ensuring our customer receives only the highest quality service at the best possible price.
- This role will also co-ordinate a variety of different shipments - OOG products, project forwarding shipments, AOG time-critical shipments.
- Ensure financial, quality, safety targets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance and administrative procedures are following, along with customs clearance.
The Successful Applicant
As an Air & Sea Freight Forwarderr you will be required to have attributes and experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years experience in Air Freight (ideally export)
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certified is desirable
- Experience of managing or co-ordinating teams
- Freight forwarding experience, ideally managing a large sub-contracted carrier base
- Fully fluent in customs compliance (i.e MAWB / HAWB / C88 / SAD / EUR1's etc)
- A strong background in multi-modal freight is desirable with a preference towards air.
- Any experience in time-critical aircraft charter for the manufacturing industry would be greatly advantageous.
- Commutable to Redditch.
What's on Offer
- £28,000-£33,000 base salary.
- 10% bonus