Air & Sea Freight Forwarder
A market-leader in global shipping & freight!
Searching for experienced shippers in sea & air freight!
About Our Client
My client is one of the country's largest privately owned freight forwarders based in Nottingham area. The business has ambitious grow plans to rapidly expand into new markets over the coming decade, with large scale investment from a private entrepreneur.
As an Air & Sea Freight Forwarder you will report into the Senior Freight Manager and commute daily to Nottingham. You will also have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing price quotations - Informing about the freight prices, port charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices as well as prices for handling the goods
- Organising transport through third party transit means.
- Providing valid insurance for the vehicles - trucks and trailers
- Providing appropriate transportation means with adequate load capacity
- Handling customs entries and arranging billings for VAT/Duties
- Ensuring full HAWB and MAWB compliance and clearance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an expansive background in the freight forwarding industry with a bias towards air freight. The ideally Air & Sea Freight Forwarder will have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ year's experience in freight forwarding in air or sea freight
- Experience of customs compliance / HAWB & MAWB
- Proven track record of calculating taxes and duties via imported air freight
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience with Documentation Services (Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit etc)
- Commutable to the Nottingham area.
- An ambitious drive to grow and succeed within the freight forwarding world
- A foreign language skill would be advantageous
What's on Offer
- Optional company bonus
- 25+8 days holiday