Amazon Delivery Service Partner Programme
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to run your own business
Do you want to work with one of the biggest brands globally?
About Our Client
The Amazon Delivery Service Partner Programme enables entrepreneurs to launch and operate their own parcel delivery business. Entrepreneurs in Norwich can launch and operate their own parcel delivery business through a fleet of up to 20 vans in less than six months. The programme provides an opportunity for strong leaders who are passionate about starting their own business to join a robust community of small businesses, helping deliver thousands of parcels to customers every day.
As part of the DSP community, you'll operate your own delivery business with 20 to 40 vans and anywhere from 30 to 70 drivers, working alongside other owners in Norwich. Amazon will help you set up and get ready to operate out of a local Amazon delivery station, and you'll provide consistent support for the drivers, ensuring parcels are delivered to customers seven days/week, 365 days/year.
As a Delivery Service Partner you will be required to:
· Set up your business - you can leverage a suite of Amazon negotiated deals to start your business, and work with our network of top-in-class service providers to keep your operation rolling.
· Select drivers - your most important responsibility is selecting and retaining drivers who will enable your ongoing success.
· Deliver parcels - you will manage 20 to 40 vans per day, serving thousands of customers.
· Create your culture - you own your business with a can-do attitude that reflects Amazon's high standards and customer-obsessed culture. You will engage, develop, and motivate the drivers to exceed expectations on every delivery.
· Grow your business - Deliver a great customer experience and get the opportunity to engage more drivers, deliver more parcels, and grow your business.
The Successful Applicant
This Amazon Delivery Service Partner Programme would be a good fit for entrepreneurs who are looking to run a full-time self-employed business, have experience coaching teams, and are comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Running a package delivery business is hard work and a hands-on operation. We are looking for candidates who love building and growing a team, have the grit and leadership required to roll up their sleeves to get work done, enjoy operating as a part of a larger community, and have a can-do attitude that inspires their team to handle labour-intensive delivery work.
Assuming that you choose to take advantage of all third-party deals impacting start-up costs that have been negotiated by Amazon in connection with the program, the estimate is that it will cost DSP owners £10,000 to start their businesses; which is included within the £25,000 liquid assets requirement for all additional expenses while your business gets up and running (including cost of living and on-going business expenses).
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong management and leaderships skills
- Ability to build, coach and develop a team
- Strong work ethic and drive
- Willingness to operate in a hands-on manner
Previous exposure to running a business, or Logistics exposure, is not essential although would allow for a strong start as a Delivery Service Partner.
What's on Offer
Successful DSP owners can expect:
Annual revenue potential: £900,000-£1.8m
Annual profit potential: £50,000-£150,000
The chosen Deliver Service Partners will benefit from the following by joining the programme:
· Getting you started - Benefit from deals on Amazon-branded vans, comprehensive insurance, industrial-grade handheld devices, and other services help you get your delivery business up and running.
· Training - Amazon provides multi-week training to ensure you're set up for success, starting with a one-week introduction to Amazon in the company's head office location, followed by time in the field working alongside the community of existing owners and drivers to learn the tips and tricks of operating a successful delivery business from those who know it best.
· A comprehensive toolkit - Amazon gives you tools and technology to run your business, including daily processes designed to keep your operation running smoothly.
· On-demand support - Owners receive support from Amazon, which includes an operations manual, driver assistance for on-road issues, and an account manager.
· Shared experience - Amazon shares more than 20 years of technological and logistics experience to guide you in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world