Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Manager
Join a market leading, international telecommunications business
An exciting time to join the business, with extensive investments being made
About Our Client
A leading, multinational telecommunications business, very well established, this organisation is a market leader within the industry.
This Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Manager role is based in Birmingham and involves:
The ABC Compliance Manager is charged with the delivery of a comprehensive risk based compliance programme and ongoing monitoring across the company ABC compliance controls to ensure the company remains compliant, calling out risks and concerns regarding the effectiveness of the appropriate controls and areas for improvement, they also have line manager responsibilities.
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
Specifically, Risk, Compliance and Assurance (RCA) helps the company succeed by providing an independent view to senior management and the Board that the controls the business relies on are working and effective. The improvements we identify help to ensure the company meets its objectives, delivers on its promise and lives its values, thereby enabling it to better serve its customers and grow its business.
- Responsible for providing pan company second line oversight of first line controls and assurance systems. Including ensuring CUs/CFUs update all controls and processes to comply with any regulatory changes and feedback from Ethics and Compliance assurance recommendations.
- Accountable for elements of investigations into potential breaches and non-conformances to policies and processes and monitoring completion of remedial and consequential actions.
- Accountable for the day to day operation of pan company processes and systems for key controls - eg High Risk Third Parties, Gifts and Hospitality, etc
- Accountable for providing specialist advice to the business on the application of ethics and compliance policies.
- Accountable for conducting complex independent regulatory compliance reviews and overseeing the implementation of the associated remedial and consequential actions to conclusion.
- Engaged to deliver training to high risk communities, to enhance first line knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Oversight and production of papers for quarterly ARCs and other governance committees;
- Responsible for contributing to initiatives underpinning the RCA goals and objectives
- Horizon scanning and staying ahead of ABC compliance best practice
The Successful Applicant
This Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Manager role is based in Birmingham and requires:
- To come from a legal, compliance, audit or forensic accounting background
- Will have in-depth experience of compliance, assurance, risk management, and of controls and working in a control orientated environment
- Will have demonstrable experience of working in an ABC control environment and be considered an ABC subject matter expert.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: must be able to convey compliance findings and similar matters in a way that is impactful and succinct to business audiences at all levels;
- Story-telling with data: strong skills in extracting risks and controls insights drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate;
- Project management: strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise commitments and deliver to agreed timescales;
- Business knowledge: good understanding of the organisation and culture; good grasp of risk and control.
- Communication skills; Participate in discussions at meetings with all levels of management across the. company, including production of content suitable for board level reports.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to analyse data, identify risks and make proportionate risk based decisions.
What's on Offer
A competitive package with the opportunity to work flexibly if desired (e.g. splitting time between office and home working).
Please submit an application for full details.