- Application Specialist opportunity
- Office based opportunity
About Our Client
The successful Application Specialist will be working for an industrial electronics business based in Dover.
* Have a strong knowledge of electrical testing applications and product solutions
* Develop strong external relationships with the market, engaging with innovative customers and OEM's many of whom we meet through participation and support at standards bodies including IEEE, IEC, and Cigre, to name but a few
* Are tenacious and pragmatic in pursuing the best possible outcomes, targeting innovative and creative solutions for the business and customers in line with business priorities
* Are passionate about our application product solutions and evangelize inside and outside the business
* Support our colleagues and stakeholders across the business and promote the success of the broader team
* Measure their success by sustainable support and growth of the business
* Ensure alignment with Product Managers and Business Development Director of the corresponding segment
The Successful Applicant
* Determine key gaps in the delivery of product segments against plan and provide assistance to the sales team in closing these gaps
* Accompany sales managers on domestic and international travels and participate in technical conference calls as product specialist
* Support participation in internal events, international, trade shows, exhibitions and industry events by technical demos and webinars.
* Create technical content to assist with pre and post sales customer support as well as lead generation such as competitor comparisons, application notes & videos to support group marcomms.
* Support development of products at alpha, beta phases and through the NPIT launch process.
* Manage the current portfolio by means of ongoing variant & pricing review reacting to market needs including pricing support requests from sales managers.
* Liaise with all relevant company departments to ensure Production, Sales, Support and Service operate effectively for customers.
* Feedback customer information to Product Managers for NPD
* Conduct customer research through observation/interviews/forums to review market conditions and assess the competitive landscape * Interact with stakeholders within the business and externally
* Support and advise engineering teams by representing customer interests in the support process
* Support the launch process - To deliver new product to the market. Present new products and applications to the market, to sales teams, distribution partners and end users.
What's on Offer
The successful Application Specialist will receive
- £35,000- £40,000
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Career development in a growing multinational company
- Life assurance scheme * 25 days annual leave + UK bank holidays
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working (where possible)