Applications Development Manager
£49,163 - £56,432
Passionate and collaborative team leader required to manage IT apps teams
Seeking someone who likes developing, motivating and leading teams
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to have been selected as the exclusive partner of Warwickshire County Council, whose ICT Delivery and ICT Strategy and Commissioning department has recently been strategically restructured to enable them to deliver a responsive and effective ICT service in a time of rapid change.
- They now have a dedicated ICT Delivery Team, which is able to focus on the smooth running of the operational side of ICT and ensure it is supported by efficient incident, problem and change management. They have successfully filled a number of new roles from within their organisation, but still have some exciting vacancies available to complete the teams.
- Working for Warwickshire County Council is incredibly rewarding. You will use your professional skills and experience to help the council find innovative ways to support its staff, partners and citizens. The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic ICT professionals who continuously and proactively seek to improve outcomes through the provision of first class, value for money ICT services.
- The culture of Warwickshire County Council is fantastic, with an ambitious and creative vision, a meritocratic environment where all are encouraged to bring ideas to the table, and a central emphasis on work/life harmony from the Warwickshire head offices.
- We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- Experience of managing the many disciplines and technologies in the teams namely web technologies, development, integration, configuration and support of Application systems
- To play a key role in maintaining and developing the key strategic relationships of the ICT Service, both internally and with the wider directorates
- To lead the Applications teams in the delivery of services.
- To ensure compliance with ICT systems regulations and other relevant statutory and ICT requirements.
- To ensure strong and effective governance of the ICT applications service, including reporting to WCC committees and the Local Corporate Board.
- To be proactive in identifying and responding appropriately to changes in ICT technology, risk and compliance.
- To work closely with the Service Managers for Digital & ICT and Strategy & Commissioning to identify strategic opportunities for the service to implement change and improvements effectively.
- In line with WCC's commissioning intentions, to work with the Strategy and Commissioning Manager for Investment, Strategy and Audit to define and deliver WCC's strategies and policies for effective ICT Administration.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team of people within an IT environment
- Passionate about supporting, developing, training, mentoring and inspiring a team of people
- Highly organised, approachable, supportive, collaborative and empathetic in nature, always looking for the opportunity to continuously improve processes and procedures
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills to build internal relationships and manage supplier relationships
- Preferred candidates will have direct experience of leading Apps Development, App support, integration, web development or similar IT teams
- Knowledge of ITIL and Lean Six Sigma considered advantageous
What's on Offer
- A competitive Salary of £49,163 to £56,432
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave, rising to 30 days after 4 years' service + 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee Discount Scheme - All employees have access to discounts with major brands and retailers. You can save on everything from your weekly shop to your gym membership!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working - Warwickshire County Council know how important it is to maintain a healthy work/life balance, particularly when you're juggling your work and personal life. They are not rigid in how or where you work. They are flexible and know there are many ways to do a job well.