Established and growing business
Opportunity to develop in a stable environment
About Our Client
My client are an established manufacturing organisation who supply their products into multiple sectors.
As the Applications Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, application and qualification of product solutions and related processes. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders. The Applications Engineer works within the Engineering Department but will require a liaison with all other departments to ensure responsibilities are carried out effectively.
- You will engineer product solutions that meet the business customer requirements.
- Develop product application methods suitable for ongoing production following established NPI procedures.
- Develop associated machining and finishing operations in conjunction with sub-contractors or in-house machinists.
- Design new equipment and tooling to facilitate manufacturing automation.
- To liaise with, and vet necessary suppliers as required.
- Prepare appropriate work instructions from customer supplied information.
- Provide appropriate technical support to sales and production.
- Manage application & improvement projects within budget & timescales.
- Provide accurate job costings and review manufacturing costs accordingly.
- Be customer facing, and in conjunction with sales, liaise on technical matters.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports for management review as requested.
- Provide mentoring support and training to co-workers as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities including developing practices and procedures.
- Be commercially responsible at all times, safeguarding proprietary information, minimising wastage and not exposing the company to unnecessary risk.
- Maintain a clean & safe environment, working within the Company's quality, health, safety and environmental management systems at all times.
The Successful Applicant
As the Applications Engineer you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong background in mechanical, or similar manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Strong background in new equipment design using 3D CAD software such as Creo, CATIA, Solidworks, Inventor and project management experience to drive projects to completion.
- IT literacy: familiarity with Microsoft Office and Project software.
- To have a keen eye for detail and a results driven approach.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients.
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Creative, imaginative personality.
- Takes responsibility seriously and assumes ownership of projects.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and development.