- Microsoft Systems Application Specialist required
- Part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
About Our Client
UEA is a world leading research institution which is based on a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 17,000 students. UEA is one of six organisations that together forms the Norwich Research Park (NRP) Partnership; home to nearly 3,000 scientists working in several world ranked institutions and a world leading centre for environment, health and plant science research. At UEA we come together from different fields to learn, innovate, collaborate and help create a better future.
The Application Specialist - Microsoft, Norwich, Remote Based, duties will include:
- Development of Corporate systems including:
- Installation of new systems, including configuration, testing and migration
- Undertaking option appraisals, selecting and procuring new systems
- Business process review
- User and Systems requirements, analysis, design and specification
- Capacity planning
- Programming new applications and enhancing of existing applications including:
- Systems analysis, design and specification
- Systems authoring using agreed standard programming tools
- Systems integration and interoperability
- Providing support for a range of Corporate Systems including:
- Software installation and configuration.
- Upgrades and patches.
- Ensuring appropriate security and backups arrangements are in place
- Monitoring application performance
- Monitoring performance of contractors and suppliers
- Resolving faults and provision of general support
- Ensuring that full systems documentation is maintained
- Ability to work in a structured project management environment:
- Leading project strands or small projects and contributing to projects as required
- Identifying and sourcing appropriate IT training and consultancy
- Liaison with system suppliers and users as appropriate; attendance of expert user groups.
- Documentation development, and initial training and user support for new applications.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technologies.
- Any other such duties as may be assigned by the Manager that are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The Successful Applicant
The Microsoft System Specialist will have:
- IT related degree (or equivalent qualification) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in a systems development role, including experience of managing system deployment
- Previous experience of systems design, development, implementation and management.
- Experience of developing user requirements and technical specifications documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of a programming language such as Java (J2EE) and/or Microsoft C#.net
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL)
- Managing Windows based servers
To stand out, ideally you have some of the below experience:
- Membership of an appropriate professional organisation
- Understanding of Academic Administration Process
- Knowledge of corporate systems such as Student Record Systems, HR/ Payroll, Research Administration, CMS or VLE
- Experience of Project Management and development methodologies.
What's on Offer
The System Specialist, Norwich, Remote Based Role, England will receive:
- Base salary of up to £41,000 depending on experience
- Remote based position
- Fantastic, comprehensive benefits package
To find out more about working at UEA please click here'