- Applications Support - Data & Integration Fully Remote Role
- Be part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
About Our Client
A world leading research institution providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to thousands of students.
Working with the Integrated Operations Data Team to architect and support both cloud and on-premise integration and reporting solutions including:
o Implementing and supporting highly scalable web APIs and assisting others in consuming these on front-end and back-end systems
o Contributing to the definition and setting of optimal standards and patterns
o defining and / or interpreting requirements and implementing them as technical solutions
o Working with SQL Server and related technologies to allow the creation of and the support of data migrations and transformations
o Use and examine current transformation technologies such as XML, JSON, CSV and SQL
Prepare and architect systems to provide data to partners, universities, portals and websites using various technologies including inbound APIs
- Ability to work in a structured project management environment:
- Leading project strands or small projects and contributing to projects as required
- Liaison with system suppliers and users as appropriate; attendance of expert user groups.
- Documentation development, and initial training and user support for new applications.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technologies.
- Any other such duties as may be assigned by the Manager that are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- All members of staff employed on Administrative Staff terms and conditions are senior members of staff and are expected to contribute to the development and implementation of policy and services.
- The role holder will take an active part in the whole application lifecycle including development and delivery of user liaison and support services
- The role holder will be expected to represent the client at appropriate internal and external meetings.
Please note that out of hours cover will be a requirement of this post.
Fully Remote Role
The Successful Applicant
- A relevant degree and/or demonstrable relevant experience
- Experience consuming and creating SOAP APIs
Demonstrable experience writing and maintaining RESTful APIs.
Experience of developing user requirements and technical specifications documentation.
Working knowledge supported by demonstrable experience of a programming language such as Java and/or Microsoft C# .Net with a solid understanding of coding standards and guidelines
Experience setting-up and maintaining CI and CD pipelines, ideally with GT, Jenkins
Highly DesireableDemonstrable experience validating APIs, writing unit-tests and building a validation suite for APIs
Knowledge of corporate systems such as Student Record Systems, HR/Payroll, Research Administration, CMS or VLE
Experience of project management and development methodologies.
Demonstrable knowledge and experience in developing packages using SSIS
What's on Offer
Working as part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
Fully Remote Role
Competitive Benefits and holidays