- Applications Specialist - Microsoft Fully Remote Role
- Be part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
About Our Client
A world leading research institution providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to thousands of students.
- Development of Corporate systems including:
- Installation of new systems, including configuration, testing and migration
- Programming new applications and enhancing of existing applications including:
- Systems analysis, design and specification
- Providing support for a range of Corporate Systems including:
- Software installation, configuration, Upgrades and patches.
- Ability to work in a structured project management environment:
- Leading project strands or small projects and contributing to projects as required
- Liaison with system suppliers and users as appropriate; attendance of expert user groups.
- Documentation development, and initial training and user support for new applications.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technologies.
- Any other such duties as may be assigned by the Manager that are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- All members of staff employed on Administrative Staff terms and conditions are senior members of staff and are expected to contribute to the development and implementation of policy and services.
- The role holder will take an active part in the whole application lifecycle including development and delivery of user liaison and support services
- The role holder will be expected to represent ITCS/UEA at appropriate internal and external meetings.
Please note that out of hours cover will be a requirement of this post.
Fully Remote Role
The Successful Applicant
- A relevant degree and/or demonstrable relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in a system development role, including experience of managing system deployment.
- Previous experience of systems design, development, implementation and management.
- Experience of developing user requirements and technical specifications documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of a programming language such as Java (J2EE) and/or Microsoft C# .Net
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL).
- Managing Windows based servers
- Commitment to the service ethos and user focussed
- Analytic and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work out of hours
Knowledge of corporate systems such as Student Record Systems, HR/Payroll, Research Administration, CMS or VLE
Experience of project management and development methodologies.
Working knowledge of web technologies including:
What's on Offer
Working as part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
Fully Remote Role
Competitive Benefits and holidays