Luxury house builder with focus on quality of design AND build
People orienated business
About Our Client
National residential developer known to be a cut above the rest in providing luxury homes to market, and ensuring quality build on each site, and for every unit. They are a repeat 5* NHBC offender, and are known to go the extra mile with customer care. Already boasting a comprehensive range of housetypes, they aspire to lead from the front in developing new designs in direct response to the market.
This role will have you manage a team of Technicians and coordinators, and have overarching responsibility for all Architectural aspects within the region. Taking schemes from inception to completion, you will be a hands on manager, working on schemes yourself as well as monitoring the day-to-day workload of your team. You will report directly into the Technical Director, and work closely alongside your Engineering counterpart to ensure smooth transition and flow of information between all departments and stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- To work with the Land Department to ensure smooth transition of all architectural information takes place
- To check all architectural drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability
- To liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met
- To apply for and secure planning permission for all architectural design and relevant regulation approval
- To attend site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arise during the construction process
- To attend design meetings with planning departments to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
- Procure sketch layouts and architectural design solutions
- Provide provisional assessment of architectural design requirements
- Review technical information and provide value architectural design
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, it is essential you have prior experience of working for a volume residential developer, and are Architectural biased. You will have enjoyed a managerial position previously and demonstrate an ability to motivate teams to achieve, and better yet exceed, all targets. You have a good understanding of technical and commercial aspects outside your remit, in order to better interlink with other disciplines, with a considered first time right approach. Ability to drive is required for this position
What's on Offer
Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience. On top of this you will receive a company car/allowance, with fuel card, annual bonus, private healthcare and pension contributions. Flexible working is encouraged and allowed, and you will enjoy a mix of home and office working. You will be joining a leading developer in the industry as they set off on their next growth phase towards world (UK) domination.