Architectural Technician - housebuilding
National developer with good reputation for quality build
Strong workload without being overburdened, collaborative team effort.
About Our Client
National PLC Home builder focusing on the first and second time buyer market. They are known for producing good spec homes built to a good quality. They embrace MMC and modern ways of working, fully promoting work/life balance and a relaxed working environment conducive to a high performance and team morale.
Forming a key part of the technical department, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of architectural information from external consultants in line with the development programme. Typically you will be taking schemes forward from Reserved Matters application through to completion, which will include:
- reviewing information for commercial viability and technical accuracy, instructing changes and improvements as required.
- taking site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arises during the construction process.
- attending design meetings with planning departments to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments.
- Arrange for EPCs and SAPs to be determined.
- Ensure compliance with NHBC and upload details to the portal.
- Apply for CMLs.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this role, you must have enjoyed a minimum of 2 years experience within a house building environment. You should be fully au fait with housebuilding development processes and understand the flow that information will take. You will be used to NHBCs and applying for CMLs. You will be able to use AutoCAD for manipulation of drawings and understand a range of building typologies, primarily timber and masonry.
What's on Offer
A competitive starting salary commensurate with your experience, on top of which you will also get a package including company car or car allowance, annual bonus of <10% and private pension and healthcare. This position offers flexible working, not just during COVID but for the foreseeable beyond. That being said, close proximity to the office is key, and you will need a car to make site visits.