Leading Convenience Operator
About Our Client
A multi-award winning convenience store brand, with a main focus on healthy eating and out of home dining require a busienss development manager or area manager in London.
The core brand has gone from strength to strength and the past 12 months has seen the model refined and developed further. They are now looking outside of the symbol sector for recruitment, offering consumers even better standards and quality, disrupting and exciting the industry in equal measure.
The vision is to aid the retailer through proprietary product and foodservice to achieve a much higher Gross Margin than is attainable through a standard symbol operation, so we will be reducing barcoded products from our range. proprietary products will illustrate today's key food trends, with new products being brought to market at speed to excite and invigorate the shopper. We will emphasise the contemporary brand design that has served us so well and translate that in the packaging and the aesthetic of the product and the store.
The busienss development manager or area manager in London will;
Development of appropriate retail business plans, operational targets and budgets, in conjunction with the retailer
Monitoring retailers' level of adherence / loyalty towards recognised SimplyFresh operating standards and facilitating improvement as required
Monitoring retail performance and facilitating improvement as required, in conjunction with the wider team, supported by HBD.
The control of bad debt management within the business and liaising closely with the HBD and Finance team with regard to issues identified and corrective actions
roviding retailers with information and support regarding the implementation of new developments / initiatives
Providing retailers with advice / sources of information reference general business issues, legislation (e.g. health and food safety, training, employment law, etc.) and delivering retail excellence at all times
Developing excellent business partnerships with retailers and their teams, without compromising the needs and expectations of the Brand.
Identification of issues, trends and opportunities within the market place to feed back into the business.
Involvement in cross functional projects as required
Skills training for other BDMs
Ownership of handover process from Recruitment for new business
Deputising for the HBD as appropriate
Ownership of Personal development of self for potential future opportunities
To deliver agreed targets for Wholesale Like for Like sales from retailer accounts
To deliver agreed targets of Wholesale Net Profitability from retailer accounts
deliver against agreed targets for retail sales and margin for retailers
Will have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy.
Behave within the principles of the company's values at all times
The Successful Applicant
The business development manager or area manager in London will be;
- A good knowledge of Retail Operations is essential
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Previous Sales/Account Management experience preferred
- Retail Management experience preferred but not essential
- Basic knowledge of telesales, depot and transport processes is essential
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- A love and passion for food and drink is essential
- Behaviour / Attitude
- A passion for Retail is essential
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
What's on Offer
The Business Development or Area Manager in London dictates a salary of up to £32K plus car, progression and bonus.