Area Sales Manager, London/South East
Leading supplier of LPG/gas looking for an Area Sales Manager to cover London/SE
You will engaging with businesses in the industrial & agricultural sectors
About Our Client
Our client are a well known, reputable provider of LPG/gas into homes and businesses.
This role sits within the B2B, commercial division and centres around selling across industrial & agricultural sectors specifically so please apply if you are an experienced field sales executive ideally well-versed in a technical sell with a solutions-based approach.
- Develop commercial bulk sales and margin management within defined territory (London and South East) as well as implement National Sales policies and be accountable for the growth and profitability of new and existing accounts (80% new business, 20% account management)
- This role sits within the bulk side of the commercial team, so selling to big/large commercial customers
- Example clients - supply to anyone that doesn't have access to mains gas so forklift trucks, farmers for heating for chicks and possibly remote restaurants & bars etc.
- The role will work to targets set by the National Bulk Sales Manager and are based on performance against KPI's, Volume, Margin and Profit
- Work within delegated authorities and local sales strategies
- Achieve agreed targets, i.e. volumes, revenue, gross margin, new gains, losses, Profit
- Monitor and administration of designated accounts in liaison with Customer Services
- Organise and implement sales and marketing initiatives within defined budgets and national sales strategy
- Continuously monitor prices, policies and contracts for customers
- Develop account roster calls as agreed with B2B Sales Manager
- Vigilant in monitoring competitor activity
- Develop & build relationships with support functions
The Successful Applicant
Our client are looking for someone who has already proven themselves in a field-based, remote working role; you will usually spend 4 days per week on the road, with expected activity of 10 face to face visits and 20 calls made per week.
- Proven track record in developing new business from scratch, pitching, negotiating and closing (role also includes 20% account management so strong levels of customer service/upsell/cross-sell exposure required in addition ideally)
- You will be covering London and the South East of England as your patch and so experience of covering a large patch and being able to handle this already is essential
- Industry experience not needed but LPG or gas would be great
- Essential that you have dealt with large, corporate and commercial customers
- Field sales experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Profitable sales skills, negotiation skills and "closing" skills at senior level
- Stakeholder management
- Time and priority management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to build a network of business contacts to enable target achievement
A full driving licence is absolutely essential.
Again, please apply if you are an experienced field sales executive ideally well-versed in a technical sell with a solutions-based approach.
What's on Offer
Our client are looking to pay c.£33k base salary with a fantastic commission structure in place to be discussed at interview and a company car included.
You will also receive 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bupa Private Medical Insurance & Dental, Bupa Rewards Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, Critical Illness Cover, 6% employer pension contribution, Discretionary annual bonus dependent upon business & individual performance and Home Worker Allowance.
I look forward to hearing from you!