Area Sales Manager
Global market leader in statistical software - software of choice for six sigma
Excellent brand to work for, super working environment and culture
About Our Client
Minitab is the leading provider of software and services for quality improvement and statistics education. More than 90% of Fortune 500 companies use Minitab Statistical Software, our flagship product, & more students worldwide have used Minitab to learn statistics than any other package.
Minitab provide market leading statistical software and helps businesses to increase efficiency and improve quality through smart data analysis.
Their mission is to help people discover valuable insights in their data by delivering exceptional software & unparalleled service.
Their fundamental objective is to maintain valuable long-term relationships within existing markets, and engage growing and profitable new markets that value making data analysis easier.
Thousands of businesses use Minitab Statistical Software, Companion, and Quality Trainer to uncover flaws in their processes and improve them. And educators in more than 4,000 colleges and universities use Minitab Statistical Software to teach their students the power of data analysis.
Minitab is also widely known for providing the industry's best customer service, including outstanding training and unlimited technical support.
This is a new business focused Sales role selling Statistical software solutions covering the Netherlands & Ireland. This would be home based but does require 2 days per week in the office in Coventry and regular visits to customer sites and tradeshows.
- Execute territory sales plan for assigned geographic territory.
- Achieve and exceed sales goal as defined and delivered by Sales Director, on annual and quarterly basis.
- Undertake regular customer visits comprising at least 50% of normal working time. Travel to include customer visits within and outside UK markets.
- Working as part of a team, act as point of contact for all sales negotiations to include all contractual requirements.
- Sell and promote Minitab products and services by telephone, email and in person at customer sites and trade shows.
- As requested by Regional Sales Manager provide regular market and customer feedback in relation to products, services, customer requirements and sales activity in designated territory.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Minitab products in order to conduct effective product demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of internal and external developments within the market place with regard to product offerings, prices and customer service.
- Maintain customer information within Minitab's CRM database and conduct any other administrative processes as required.
- Provide back up to other areas within the sales departments.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone hungry, motivated and driven to succeed.
We are seeking someone who has a proven track record of selling software in a business to business environment with an understanding of licence sales. You must also have the acumen to be able to demonstrate the software yourself.
If not familiar with the Minitab packages, an interest in statistics & have the ability to understand software from a technical perspective would be beneficial.
You must have to ability to sell at all levels and be able to work proactively with clients to identify and uncover potential opportunities.
Experience of selling into Europe is essential. Experience selling into the Netherlands would be advantageous.
You must possess the following:
- Desirable: Bachelor's degree, with course works in statistics/computer science, or comparable work experience.
- Demonstrable proven track record in new business sales
- A minimum of two to four years of business to business sales experience.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software applications and experience using software
- Ability and willingness to travel to various customer sites and trade shows on a consistent and regular basis.
- Ability to speak, write and understand the English language and ability to communicate effectively in confident and professional manner: over the telephone, through correspondence and in person.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritising and handling multiple tasks with accuracy proficiency and minimal supervision.
- Commitment to support and apply Minitab's Vision Statement.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global leader in statistical software and join a business with an excellent culture and working environment.
Minitab are offering a superb highly attractive basic salary and overall compensation package.
Home/field based with 2/3 day's per week in the office in Coventry.