Area Sales Manager
Market leading industrial manufacturer
Territory sales role - South West ande South Wales
About Our Client
With over 140 years' experience ROCOL's range of innovative greases, metalworking fluids, lubricants, cleaners and oils are designed for today's challenging operating conditions. Rocol Lubricants, part of ITW Inc. has its head office in Leeds U.K. and operates in a number of countries worldwide, offering Lubrication solutions to nearly every facet of industry with over 100 distributors stocking and supplying the product range worldwide.
As an employee you will be part of a successful brand and have access to opportunities and resources from across the broader division and ITW business. ITW is a global, diversified and decentralised Fortune 200 company, a U.S patent leader with over 100 years of secure, long-term profitable growth. We have an exciting opportunity to support ROCOL's ambitious plans.
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the overall sales growth within their designated territory. You will be tasked with developing relationships with key end user customers in order to pull sales through the businesses key distribution partners. The business operates across a number of key markets including: Food, Metal Working and Industrial
The objectives for the Area Sales Manager include:
- Responsible for all revenue growth across the territory - South West and South Wales
- Create End User demand in order to increase the sales activities, including creating and converting leads.
- Co-ordinate internally with segment specialists in order to define, develop and convert opportunities across key market segments.
- Promote growth of distributor sales at the branch level by leveraging relationships at the National/Head Office
- Proactively build customer relationships through influencing, negotiating and creating an environment to maximise account opportunities.
- Utilise the sales value proposition in order to maximise sales across the territory.
- Carefully analyse the market in order to understand key market trends, competition activity and customer's requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Area Sales Manager will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrable track record of overachieving sales targets within a manufacturing environment e.g. Food & Beverage, Metal Working, and Industrial Manufacturing
- Significant experience implementing an added value sales proposition, in order to maximise sales.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence internally as well as externally.
- Previous experience managing sales through key distribution partners.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to travel across the South West and South Wales and head office in Leeds when required.
What's on Offer
Competitive benefits package depending upon experience