- New business Area Sales Managers this is a role not to miss out on
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Market Leading Global brand.
About Our Client
The Velcro Companies is a technology-driven, innovative global provider of fastening solutions that solve problems in simple, elegant, and surprising ways for businesses and consumers around the world. The company traces its history to 1941, when Swiss engineer George de Mestral was hiking in the Alps. He noticed burrs had attached themselves to his clothing by means of hundreds of tiny "hooks", and was inspired to create the original hook and loop fastening system. Today, Velcro Companies owns over 400 active patents and numerous trademarks, including the VELCRO® mark, which is registered throughout the world.
With worldwide locations and a presence in more than twenty countries, Velcro Companies continues to innovate, creating new solutions that make life better. The company produces more than 35,000 different products across many key industries and markets including: Personal Care, Transportation, Medical, Packaging, Construction, Industrial, Apparel, Military and Government. VELCRO® Brand products have secured AstroTurf in professional football stadiums and Kevlar plates in military apparel. Our fasteners are also part of one of the greatest inventions of all time: the disposable diaper. VELCRO® brand products continue to provide unique solutions in everyday uses and are sold globally through some of the world's top retailers providing hundreds of applications and organizational ideas in the home, office, garage, and garden.
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for developing new business opportunities within the businesses b2b team. The Area Sales Manager will concentrate on developing new applications within existing customers as well as looking to identify new end user customers. The Area Sales Manager will cover all end user market segments in their designed geographical region as the business look to further build their direct end user client base.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development of new and existing customers in your region, which covers the Central region of the UK, but excluses Wales.
- In collaboration with your key growth partners, create and implement short, medium and long term sales objectives with target customers.
- Lead on high level negotiations with your customers to ensure that you are maximising profit potential.
- Identify, develop and secure new business/customer opportunities in line with the company's mentality, ambitions and strategic plan.
- Continually conduct market and competitor analysis in order to create a stronger sales proposition and increase market share.
- Work closely with internal colleagues in Supply Chain and Customer Service to ensure maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide commercial input to the marketing and product group to aid the development and introduction of product launches and product collateral.
- Attendance at Tradeshows and exhibitions as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Area Sales Manager will demonstrate the below capabilities:
- A proven track record of not only hitting, but overachieving sales targets.
- Previous experience selling manufactured products into a wide range of end user markets is preferential. Someone with adhesives, tapes or fasteners experience will be at a distinct advantage.
- A strong, aggressive attitude towards business development; able to demonstrate a track record of achievement in delivering budgeted sales goals, key customer growth plans and a proven track record of new business development success.
- A proactive, results orientated, entrepreneurial nature.
- Appetite to work independently and as a team player with an ability to work across functions.
- Ability to create strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- An excellent communicator who can engage all levels from board room to shop floor.
- Effective diary management in order to maximise a large sales territory.
- Strong MS-Office knowledge/skills, in particular the use of Excel and CRM platform.
- Be located in the Midlands and comfortable travelling nationally / internationally when required.
What's on Offer
Competitive package depending upon experience