Asbestos Officer // Asbestos Contract Manager
Growing Social Housing Organisation
About Our Client
My Client is large housing organisation based in the east midlands.
- To the update and maintain the Asbestos register, located or removed, ensuring site logs are updated accordingly.
- To liaise with the Client, Constructor Partners and Sub Contractors with regards to advising on asbestos locations and potential sites that require testing.
- To coordinate/facilitate the necessary training on and access to the asbestos register through the required portal including training requirements.
- To produce, issue and maintain asbestos site registers in all Managed schemes including high rise, multi occupancy blocks and work premises.
- To arrange sealing and notices of contaminated areas including decontamination of operatives, equipment and possessions. Supporting and advising customers, officers and facilities managers of the dangers, risk and risk mitigation.
- Co-ordinate Asbestos removal tasks and processes for all Stakeholders and update the register accordingly with the necessary documentation.
- To instruct on type of asbestos survey required in conjunction with facility managers, heads of service and customers as appropriate, and to co-ordinate and maintain records of all asbestos surveys carried out to the Housing stock, communal areas and work premises.
The Successful Applicant
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) qualification in Asbestos or equivalent
- Experience of working in the field of Asbestos
- Evidence of working a relevant field of maintenance
- Knowledge of standards of work required for Maintaining Decency desirable
- Able to inspect work carried out to ensure it is to the required standard
- Working knowledge of legislation regarding Asbestos
- Experience of co-ordinating resources in the identification, removal and disposal of asbestos
What's on Offer
- Competitive Day rate
- Immediate start
- Flexible working