Assets + Investment Accountant
Exciting opportunity for a Newly Qualified Accountant
This is working in the Public Sector
About Our Client
The client is a leading Public Sector organisation who excel with staff development. They are constantly evolving and have performed very well throughout the pandemic.
The key responsibilities for the Asset and Investment Accountant are:
- Understanding actual operational performance at scheme level with a strong focus on improving operating margin.
- Financial appraisal of schemes using forward looking appraisals to forecast scheme performance that capture the impact of operational as well as strategic decisions such as investment or disposal of assets.
- Use of the above to prepare management accounts, business plans and reports that provide transparency around current and expected performance of non-social assets.
- Working closely with Operational Managers, Senior Investment Managers, managing agents and other Group landlords to collectively identify, understand and control key operational drivers.
- Attendance at relevant client meetings.
- Working with the Finance Manager and Group Reporting team to ensure there is a coordinated approach at Group level where there is crossover in activities with other business areas and entities.
- Preparation of business plans in line with the business plan timetable.
The Successful Applicant
- Newly or Qualified Accountant - Essential
- Ability to work in Preston
- Experience of all the above
What's on Offer
£40 -45,000 + WFH + Pension + Parking + Excellent benefits