Assistant Branch Manager
Support, guidance and training throughout your role
About Our Client
Esteemed for selling selling quality plumbing and heating products to the trade and operates from more than 300 branches nationwide. For more than 25 years, the company has been providing expert service to the Plumbing and Heating trade and retail customers. We operate the largest network of dedicated Bathroom Showrooms across the UK. The state of the art showrooms are designed to inspire our customers by showcasing our impressive range of bathroom products.
They are proud to be one of the fastest growing plumbing and heating suppliers in the UK, who have been recognised as one of Britain's Top Employers since 2010. We offer extensive career opportunities with online training and opportunities across 21 leading businesses.
Committed to best practices in recruitment and undertakes Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment and will be undertaken by CareerCheck Ltd. We reserve the right to withdraw any offer of employment if the check is unsatisfactory.
- To control stock management within the branch, including updated buying directives, price books and suppliers literature and ensure that the correct procedure is adopted when placing all orders for branch stock & direct business.
- To maintain a close liaison and dialogue with the Branch Manager, keeping him/her informed on all such matters that may affect the smooth running of the branch.
- To deputise for the Branch Manager in his/her absence complying with Company policies and procedures to cover all aspects of operational duties including ODAs.
- To ensure the highest standards are maintained in the branch at all times preventing loss or damage, pilfering or breakage to stocks or property, also in respect of staff performance, good housekeeping and strict observance of Company policies and procedures.
- To provide excellent service to the customer identifying products required and offering alternatives if necessary to profitably maximise the sale of goods.
- Stay Safe - proactively support the Branch Manager with all Health and Safety matters and ensure that the stay safe culture is upheld within the branch by taking action where necessary.
- To confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to ensure high levels of customer service whilst maintaining focus on supporting the Branch Manager to maximise the sales and profitability of the Branch.
- To champion and take responsibility for company initiatives within the branch team e.g. My Diary, Merlin & Points promotions.
- Build and maintain loyal customer base.
- Assist the Branch Manager in the development of all team members.
- Role model and support the Branch manager in driving and implementing 'What Good Looks Like' across the branch.
- Responsible for Branch security and opening and closing of the Branch in the absence of the Branch Manager or as delegated by the Branch Manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Branch Manager will have;
● Previous Management experience.
● Previous staff management experience with the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
● Previous experience in a similar role or Assistant Manager position.
● I.T. experience.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals.
● Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise the work of self and others.
● Ability to produce and interpret basic financial/statistical information.
● Commercial acumen -ability to demonstrate understanding of how to impact the bottom line
● Sound knowledge of all products and materials.
What's on Offer
* Competitive salary + eligible for annual performance related bonus
* 22 days holiday per annum which increases with length of service + bank holidays
* Contributory pension, life assurance and private medical insurance
* Support, guidance and training throughout your role
* The opportunity to both work in and develop your career in an exciting, fast-paced environment.