Assistant Buyer (Furniture / Homeware)
A fantastic growing, online homeware brand based just outside of London
Assistant Buyer with a passion for all things home!
About Our Client
Our client is a fantastic, contemporary and innovative homeware retail brand, based near Wokingham in Bershire, just outside of West London. They offer a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer (Furniture / Homeware) to join and small but growing team, to be really hands on and make an impact!
As an Assistant Buyer (Furniture / Homeware) you will be;
- Working on developing contemporary furniture from initial concept through to purchase.
- Liaising with suppliers in the Far East and Europe to obtain quotations, cross costing exercises and general information.
- Assist with pulling together design briefs to send to suppliers for NPD.
- Creating and updating product information and costing documents as required.
- Communication with the China office and directly with suppliers to follow up on product development and updates.
- Support the buying team in the delivery of samples for review meetings, seasonal shoots, and ongoing sample inventory.
Plus much more!
The Successful Applicant
This is a really exciting opportunity and ideal for a Assistant Buyer with a passion for Product Development and all things home! My client is looking for;
- A proven track record as an experienced Buyer's Assistant or entry Assistant Buyer within product development
- A passion for the home sector, trends, social media and influences
- Homeware product knowledge with furniture or upholstery would be advantageous
- Commercial and creative mindset
- Strong negotiation skills
What's on Offer