Assistant Category Manager
Excellent market leading benefits package within the public sector
Great opportunity to upskill with top quality training on offer
About Our Client
I am working exclusively with a not-for-profit client to recruit an assistant category manager.
- Takes responsibility for the tendering activity to Library business areas.
- Act as valued strategic business partners to key stakeholders identifying their critical requirements and providing commercial services to meet and exceed their expectations
- Provides a proactive Supply Chain Management advice, guidance and leadership to business areas for all supply chain management activity, including higher value, more complex procurement's
- Pro-active analysis of spend to identify trends and issues, providing solutions and recommendations where appropriate.
- Minimises contractual risk to The British Library in contractual activity by ensuring due diligence and best procurement practice.
- Engages in Commercial Contract Management activity ensuring best practice is embedded at tender stage through to contract exit.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong, recent understanding of relevant legislation governing public sector procurement
- Excellent influencing and persuasion skills at all levels including leadership team and Chief Officers.
- Excellent organisation skills, working largely on own initiative to plan and monitor workload, including managing time and workload to meet priorities and customer milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent customer service, influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong commercial & procurement business skill
What's on Offer
There is exceptional training and development on offer to the candidate with lots of scope to improve their skill-set, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting procurement function within the public sector.