- Great opportunity to join a growing strategy practice
- Numerous career opportunities available
About Our Client
Our client is a leading consultancy and advisory firm who have one of the fastest growing strategy businesses in the world. We are tasked with helping them expand their M&A and CDD strategy offering across the Financial Services and Private Equity sectors in particular.
This is a broad and varied role in an constantly evolving industry and environment.
You can expect to work with a range of financial services clients (e.g. banks, insurers, payments providers, wealth and asset managers, FinTechs), advising management teams on strategy development, and both corporate and private equity clients on the acquisition and divestment of businesses.
A large part of your focus will be around commercial due diligence, where in "buy-side" scenarios you will work with private equity or trade investors to assess the commercial and strategic merit of a potential investment. This will require you to assess and critically analyse the businesses' revenue forecasts, considering many different value drivers, such as market growth, competitive landscape, pricing, new products or entering new geographies. In "sell-side" situations, you will work directly with the business' Management team to provide the underlying analysis to support the sale/investment of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- You are likely to have more than 5 years of prior experience, either from strategy consulting or M&A or from an in-house strategy / corporate development / M&A function at a leading industry player
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact; Understanding key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice;
- Ability to collect and utilise relevant business and industry information and to analyse this information effectively by applying strategic and commercial analysis techniques;
- Analytical work experience preferably gained in a strategy consulting firm or a strategy department of a leading corporate;
- Ability to plan, deliver, structure, write and present work against tight deadlines;
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward
- Have a strong track record in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets, preferably with commercial due diligence experience;
- Have strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience;
- Have Business Development experience;
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines;
- It is likely you are educated to Masters or MBA level
What's on Offer
- The spotlight is on the growth of this business vertical so a real opportunity to make an impression in a rapidly growing business.
- Significant investment and financial backing to grow this service line
- Chance to work with one of the worlds premier business consulting and advisory businesses
- Competitive salary and benefits