Assistant Finance Business Partner
Fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant
Commerical role with a fantastic hiring manager
About Our Client
The business is one of the leading transport operators in Europe.
- Conduct monthly variance analyses, investigate root cause & agree action plans to improve performance.
- Proactively improve current FBP process & implement new ones to improve the service provided by finance
- Significant involvement in forecasting & budgeting processes ensuring our forecasts reflect the significant plans we have to improve the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve business performance
- Responsible for efficient running of key FBP processes such as capital investments, variance analysis & cost control and internal control audits
- Responsible for preparing presentations to senior management
- Supporting Finance Business Partners in Area meetings and reviews, providing insight and support using both financial and non-financial data and KPI's, as well as challenging General Managers on their performance, future plans and outlook
- Primary contact with offsite finance shared services team to ensure transactions are understood and reconciliations are reviewed, challenged and signed-off.
The role will require occasional travel to sites in Merseyside, Manchester and North Wales.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be:
-A newly qualified accountant with ambition to showcase their skills & progress within the company
-Confident in their ability to challenge senior mangers and stakeholders
-Expert level of financial analyses and presentation.
-Experience of reviewing & challenging balance sheet reconciliations
-Experience of reviewing & challenging balance sheet
-Experience of improving finance processes.
-Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel (other transaction based systems will be beneficial such as Oracle or SAP).
-Excellent planning & communication skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
-Ability to challenge management to improve performance
-Team player with the ability to develop good on-going relationships with all internal and external customers.
What's on Offer
£40,000 basic salary plus full benefits package