Assistant Financial Controller - Mann Island Finance
Fantastic Opportunity to join a High Growth, Profitable and Dynamic Business.
Ideal role for an ACA qualified candidate from large practice background
About Our Client
Mann Island Finance are a dynamic and forward thinking business that continues to produce excellent results. They are part of Investec the international specialist banking and asset management group and pride themselves in their ability to retain and develop staff whilst offering fantastic work life balance and an inclusive culture.
The Assistant Financial Controller will be required to support the Financial Controller to consolidate the accounts function in the business.
- Support the compilation of management reports including weekly, monthly and annual accounts
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Prepare for internal/external financial audit and coordinate the audit process
- Lead by example by mentoring and encourage the accounts team to strive for excellence.
- Supervise the daily payout process and its input to e-banking
- Authorise, largely on a daily basis, the e-banking inputs.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in real time and accurately review and sign off daily bank reconciliations
- Maintain and improve accounting control procedures
- Supervise the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of financial data and preparation of VAT return
- Support sales management with sales/dealer performance reporting
- Meet tight reporting deadlines
- Support Group taxation requirements
- Act with integrity by ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations and maintaining confidentiality and integrity of financial data
- Assist with ad hoc projects and development work
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate for this role based in Merseyside will have/be;
- Strong communication, team working and people management skills and maintain the company values.
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge and experience of Sage Line 50 accounting software (ideal but not essential)
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Committed to going further for internal and external customers using sound judgement and problem-solving
What's on Offer
Excellent basic salary plus fantastic benefits including bonus, pension, life insurance and private health care.
This vacancy is being handled by our retained agent Mark Thomas and all third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.