Assistant General Counsel - Global organisation
A brilliant senior in-house role within an established team.
Fantastic global organisation based in Surrey
About Our Client
A global organisation in the Healthcare + Retail sector with a fantastic reputation.
The responsibilities of the role of Assistant General Counsel will include the following:
- Supporting the General Counsel in managing the provision of a high quality and commercially focused legal service to support the needs of the UK businesses.
- Ensuring maximum understanding of and compliance with any current and future legal and regulatory requirements affecting the industry and providing training to non-legal colleagues in these areas.
- Providing clear and incisive legal advice, on a wide range of legal matters, including contractual, competition, strategic, litigious, regulatory, intellectual property and employment.
- Managing legal risk across the full breadth of the UK businesses in a manner that supports and facilitates their continued commercial success.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong relationships with the UK Businesses Units.
- Management responsibility for a number of legal team members with direct reporting lines.Strong leadership skills are therefore needed.
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates for the role of Assistant General Counsel will have the following qualifications / experience:
- Qualified Solicitor with roughly 8-10+ years Post Qualified Experience.
- Strong technical commercial knowledge with extensive experience in commercial contracts is essential.
- Proven experience of areas such as Competition Law and Data Protection are highly desirable.
- Extensive experience of operating in an In-House Legal function is essential.
- Proven commercial acumen and business partnering experience.
What's on Offer
On offer is a highly competitive base salary and benefits package.