- Rapidly expanding organisation
- Huge opportunity for career development
About Our Client
My client is a world leading end to end logistics and supply chain provider for one of the largest food business in the world.
They offer the full end to end supply chain solution for their main customers with over 1,500 employees across the network.
Their main customer has experience 45% growth in the last 12 months meaning they are planning new DCs up and down the country.
This Assistant General Manager role is a brand new role due to the expansion of the business.
- Execute all Company processes successfully while ensuring 100% compliance to all Martin Brower and customer requirements.
- Present and communicate key metrics and information to both customers and employees when required.
- Participate in, contribute to, and lead various committees, such as Employee Forums and Health and Safety Forums.
- Ensure all departments within the job remit are properly resourced and schedules meet the DC operational requirements.
- Assist in the development and regular updating of training plans and ensure effective implementation and use of all resources.
- Be a change agent and contribute to the strategic direction of DC initiatives
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the DC operations team
- Constantly strive to drive safety and a culture of care and lead by example to motivate the senior operations management team to adopt this approach.
- Role model Martin Brower values and behaviours, and create a positive, inclusive environment where the team feel valued, respected and listened to.
- Drive people engagement and empowerment through coaching, regular 1:1s, feedback and learning and development opportunities to maximize performance contribution and employee involvement.
- Accelerate the performance and development of key DC management roles - assess capabilities, agree personal development plans to strengthen skills through effective coaching, mentoring and learning and development opportunities, to create greater supply chain resilience and stronger succession planning for all key DC operational management roles.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports in line with the Martin Brower performance review cycle and ensure annual objectives are set and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the HR Team to maintain positive employee relations by resolving grievances, discipline, employee concerns, etc., in a timely manner and within the parameters of the trade union collective agreement.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Assistant General Manager for this Transport & Distribution role will have:
Experience in a people leadership role with full accountability for people development, customer relations and a proven track record of accomplishment, team building and growth.
High initiative, self-motivation, and strong leadership qualities.
Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.
Strong, interactive team player.
Strategic thinker and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Exhibit a sense of urgency and focus on results.
Professional self-presentation skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels.
Proven track record of developing successful customer/business partnerships.
Demonstrated ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite with intermediate Excel skills
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is £60,000 - £70,000 + package and dependent on level of experience