- Assistant Manager - Energy Transition Strategy with a global consultancy
- energy networks, energy transition
About Our Client
I am recruiting for an Assistant Manager Energy Transition Strategy with a global consultancy with a particular focus on giving strategic advice on the energy transition to our clients in the energy and water sectors premised on net zero.
You will be:
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis
- Supporting the preparation of pitching material for new business
- Supporting the team develop market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Executing strategic reviews and analysis
- Developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures
- Supporting the team in the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
- Maintain a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
The Successful Applicant
- Have experience in the strategy space, ideally with experience of applying this to the energy sector in particular, preferably linked to one of the disruptive energy industries or a consultant specialising in these sectors;
- Have knowledge of corporate strategy and investment decision making;
- Understand how emerging net zero technologies can impact businesses and how they can be successfully implemented;
- Have a good understanding of new and emerging value propositions in the utilities sector (such as electric vehicles, solar & storage or demand side response);
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Be skilled in strategic and financial analysis;
- Bring an inquisitive mind-set and be comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to strategic, financial or economic problems of moderate complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £60,00 PA DOE plus benefits and bonus