Assistant Manager/Manager - Corporate Tax
Big 4 Accountancy Firm
Excellent working culture + career progression
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
Being part of the tax team at this firm is a far cry from tax at other firms. With our client, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge them to constantly push the boundaries of their creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Joining the team will give you the opportunity to develop strong relationships with senior tax and finance leaders across a range of industries, helping them address their tax management challenges. We can offer a genuinely varied role where you can balance your time on clients in the areas where you want to develop your career. This includes opportunities in tax compliance, tax reporting, tax advisory, transactions and tax audit services.
You will use commercial awareness and technical knowledge, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of colleagues from across our client's Corporate Tax practice, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for clients in tax compliance and advisory projects.
You will have the opportunity to become a people manager and a coach, with development of the team at the heart of the role.
You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the main contact for your client portfolio - building deep trusted client relationships and being responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement, including compliance and advisory services;
- Using your knowledge of your clients' businesses to help bring tax advisory solutions - taking a leading role in delivering these advisory projects and working with our specialist teams (e.g. transfer pricing);
- Developing an understanding our your clients' tax data and technologies, and building your experience of our tax management consulting advisory services, to identify and help deliver improvements to your clients' tax compliance and reporting processes, technologies and governance - offering a holistic solution;
- Having the opportunity to work on the tax audits of major multinationals, identifying and resolving material tax technical issues and reviewing the accuracy of tax reporting.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development;
- Working across a range of industries (including Financial Services, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications); and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Previous tax experience, in industry or a professional services firm;
- Day to day management of a portfolio of clients;
- Relationship management with key UK and International contacts;
- Managing a team of individuals to deliver tax services to a varied portfolio of clients;
- Delivery and management of tax advisory projects, potentially including international restructuring and refinancing, transfer pricing and M&A projects;
- Managing and overseeing compliance and advisory projects, with regards to managing client and statutory deadlines, billing requirements and delegating effectively to both UK and overseas teams;
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs on technical matters;
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible/agile working