Assistant Manager/Manager - Private Business Tax
Big 4 Accountancy Firm
Genuine development and career progression opportunities
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
Being part of the tax team at this firm is a far cry from tax at other firms. With our client, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge them to constantly push the boundaries of their creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
If you join this firm's successful Private Business team you will be advising the region's most exciting and entrepreneurial businesses and their owners as they succeed in an exciting and varied market.
As an Assistant Manager or Manager, your role will be truly varied, using your commercial awareness and technical knowledge, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of colleagues from across our client's Business Tax practice, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for their clients across their tax advisory and compliance needs. You will have the opportunity to work within a market leading team across a variety of clients whilst enhancing your generalist technical skills and knowledge.
You will have responsibility for:
- Acting as the main contact for your client portfolio - building deep trusted client relationships and being responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement;
- Using your knowledge of your clients' businesses to help bring tax advisory solutions across restructuring, refinancing, M&A and cross border expansion projects - taking a leading role in delivering these advisory projects and / or managing input from specialist teams as required;
- Managing and overseeing compliance, reporting and governance obligations, using your knowledge of your clients' businesses to identify opportunities and risks and to introduce other specialist teams as necessary (Tax Depreciation, R&D, Transfer Pricing, etc.);
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs on technical matters and enquiries;
- Communication, marketing and delivery of UK corporation tax opportunities to client contacts; and,
- Mentoring junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development.
You will receive continuous in-house and on the job training to develop and hone your technical, industry and soft skills and become part of a national network of Private focussed tax advisors.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Previous experience, ideally with privately owned businesses in industry or a professional services firm;
- Day to day management of a portfolio of clients;
- Relationship management with key client contacts;
- Managing a team of individuals to deliver tax services to a varied portfolio of clients;
- Delivery and management of tax advisory projects;
- Managing and overseeing compliance and advisory projects, with regards to managing client and statutory deadlines, billing requirements and delegating effectively to supporting teams;
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs on technical matters
- Excellent communication and project management skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits.