Retail Assistant Merchandiser
Well Known Brand
About Our Client
Our client are a well known Retail Fashion brand based in Brighton currently recruiting for an Assistant Merchandiser
Assistant Merchandiser position based in Brighton
- Assist the Merchandiser in the planning of the department.
- Complete seasonal analysis for the department under Merchandiser direction, ensuring accuracy.
- Support the merchandiser in planning sales and stock phasing by line / category (line cards and/or wssi) in line with company parameters
Trade the department
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly analysis for the department, ensuring accuracy and making recommendations from the analysis
- Pull together markdown proposals with guidance from the Merchandiser, ensuring the markdowns are communicated to the host in a timely and accurate manner. Analyse the effectiveness of each MD/promo.
- Along with the Branch Merch team, ensure a focus on stores and take action to potentialise all space.
- Highlight competitor activity and impact on brand/company.
- Communicate brand activity to the retail team and plan ahead to ensure timely memos, marketing and stock builds for all activities
Stock management/ allocations
- Update the WSSI with actual stocks and intake.
- Manage intake with the AB/BAA, highlighting any changes / issues to the Merchandiser / Buyer.
- Under direction from the Merchandiser, manage the MAA to ensure stock is allocated / replenished in line with the department's allocation strategy.
- Assist the MAA in accurate stock planning and replenishment, pick and pack projects, delivery schedule maintenance, store rollouts and management of store portfolio.
- Manage the MAA ensuring they achieve their allocation / pick targets, ensuring any issues / discrepancies are flagged to the Merchandiser in a timely fashion.
- Support the MAA in re grading stores and options
- Oversee the Intake & Allocation forecasts to the warehouse completed by the MAA.
- Assist in maintaining WSSI and other key merchandising documents under Merchandiser guidance.
- Assist in regular and adhoc reporting requirements as directed by the Merchandiser.
- Assist in the preparation of trade information.
- Provide accurate information on intake, space and sales.
- Manage the communication and analysis of promotions and markdowns.
The Successful Applicant
Successful Assistant merchandiser :
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Organised and methodical approach with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, calm under pressure; assertive yet tactful.
- Able to work with all grades of hierarchy in a professional manner.
- Numerate, literate, analytical and communicative.
Development of self
- Display self-motivation and enthusiasm for a career in Merchandising.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary and package