Assistant Practice Manager
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing and thriving accountancy firm.
Become an integral member of the team with development and progression on offer.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit an ambitious Assistant Practice Manager to join as a pivotal hire. The firm has grown exponentially over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new practice professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Assistant Practice Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Preparation of limited company year-end accounts (FRS102) and associated corporation tax returns;
- Preparation of sole trader accounts and personal tax returns;
- To be a point of contact for clients on a daily basis in relation to their companies;
- Assist with client set-up on Xero and other accounting software;
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts including bank reconciliations;
- Managing the on-boarding process of new clients including obtaining professional clearances;
- Assisting junior members of the team with more complex accounting issues;
- Production of monthly or quarterly management accounts for clients including commentaries; and
- Production of budgets (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow) for clients.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Assistant Practice Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- An ambitious accountant with experience of working within an accountancy practice;
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or at least 4 years of practice experience;
- Proficient in Xero;
- Payroll and CIS experience advantageous;
- An inquiring and inquisitive analytical mind and ability to work under own initiative;
- Good communicator with the ability to forge strong relationships with clients and colleagues; and
- Ability to delegate work to junior staff to ensure client deadlines are met.
What's on Offer
Fantastic office location and new offices;
Well-established, supportive team; and
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career such as Partner opportunities.