Assistant Procurement Manager
World leading organisation - Fantastic benefits & progression opportunities
Flexible working & Competitive pay with bonus paid yearly
About Our Client
A large not-for-profit organisation supporting the development of renewable energy with fantastic progression and development opportunities.
- Deliver procurement support across the organisation, providing advice, guidance and completion of projects and complex tenders for the growing R&D portfolio within the organisation
- To negotiate with the relevant parties including external companies to arrive at appropriate commercial agreements.
- Provide support and guidance for members of the procurement team, supporting them in delivering a first-class procurement service to the organisation.
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector Supporting the organisation in the achievement of it's own milestones and also impacting the achievement of targets and milestones.
The Successful Applicant
* Must have experience of Public Sector Procurement and understanding of OJEU
* Capital Purchasing Experience within scientific, oil & gas, medical, professional services etc
* Contract Management experience is critical for this role!
* Strong negotiation skills with some understanding of NEC form of Contract
What's on Offer
- £32,000 - £35,000 (+£5,000 for MCIPS qualified)
- Bonus Scheme - Bonus payments are paid on an annual basis as a percentage of salary (maximum 7%).
- Remote/Flexible working available
- Investment in your personal L&D
- Relocation cover
- Mentoring scheme