Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Fantastic Development Opportunities.
Nationally Recognised And Quality Focussed Housebuilder.
About Our Client
A nationally recognised PLC are now looking to add an additional assistant quantity surveyor due to the levels of planed growth over the next 5 year period.
The key responsibilities include;
- Support with the commercial reporting of projects within the region covered by the local office
- Negotiate with a variety of external suppliers to ensure that work is carried out to a very high standard and at a reasonable cost
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of external partners to ensure high quality is being delivered
- Ensuring that commercial reporting of any Joint Venture schemes is accurate
- Stay up to date with continuing changes in product development and relevant building legislation that may have an impact on your work
- Develop a close relationship with the site teams and a detailed knowledge of your allocated sites by maintaining a visible site presence, ensuring all developments are visited regularly and attending site meetings as required
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor within property and housing (residential)
- A good knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience managing both internal and external clients in a commercial environment and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A degree or higher education course which is accredited by the Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
- Live within a commutable distance of Birmingham.
What's on Offer
- A basic salary of £30,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
- Car Allowance.
- Pension Contribution.
- Unrivalled development opportunities.