Assistant Supported Housing Officer - Part Time
- Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
- Permanent Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
- Management of allocated case load of resident's, including: -
- Ensuring that all new residents are welcomed and receive an induction to the scheme including its facilities and services.
- Being an advocate for Residents; liaising with families and completing support plans and update records held securely on personal file.
- Ensuring that appropriate advice and support is given to residents to maintain their independence and quality of life, privacy and dignity, identifying any financial difficulties and sign posting to the right service for welfare benefits to assist residents to maintain their tenancies.
- Managing conflict and low level anti-social behaviour.
- Ensuring that any safeguarding issues are followed up in a timely manner and reported following agreed procedure.
- Completing health and safety checks; reporting repairs, defects etc to appropriate person and liaising with contractors where required and following up actions.
- To participate in the shift pattern arrangement which requires working on a 7-day rota basis, 20 hrs a week, including weekends and bank holidays.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
- Experience of working with older and vulnerable people to include, but not limited to, services and facilities.
- Knowledge of Community Care issues.
- Understanding and be comfortable working in an independent living, rather than care, environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisational and decision-making skills.
- Understanding the need for confidentiality.
- Basic I.T. Skills.
Qualifications and other requirements
O levels or equivalent experience
Level 2/3 Dip in Housing
Health & Safety Certificate
Food Hygiene Certificate
First Aid Certificate
What's on Offer
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our everyone. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option